The Importance of Working with a Professional Web Designer on Your Website
As a law firm, you operate a unique business type that is very distinct from others. Indeed, you’re not merely offering a product; you’re offering a service that could be life-changing for your clients. But regardless of whether or not your law firm is in a class of its own, there’s one thing that’s just as true for your firm as it is for other businesses: website design is a critical part of your marketing strategy. At Sundown Legal Marketing, our legal marketing team offers superior website design services with built-in search engine optimization (SEO) services. As your law firm seeks to attract more clients, having an effective website will be a key part of the process.
Why Is the Design of Your Website So Important?
How your website looks, its usability, and its content are all critical elements that can have a direct effect on whether or not prospective clients choose your law firm for legal services.
The first important thing to know about having a website is that today, nine in 10 American adults use the internet. What’s more, the use of the internet is often directly tied to purchasing decisions, and the internet is now the most popular way for a person who needs legal services to find and research a lawyer.
This means that prospective clients will be searching for law firms like yours online – your website needs to contain the right information to draw users to your site and then keep them there. With effective website design, you have an opportunity to:
- Differentiate yourself from your competitors by providing unique information and visuals;
- Maximize your conversions by not only attracting people to your site, but then guiding them in taking meaningful action (i.e. scheduling a free case consultation) ;
- Improve your site rankings and move your page to the top of the search results page, resulting in more targeted traffic;
- Provide potential clients with valuable information about your firm and legal services that will influence their decision to hire your firm;
- Establish yourself as an authority in your field by providing valuable information to users;
- Build trust and credibility with easy site navigation, a positive user experience, customer reviews, and effective content; and
- Education your audience by offering blogs and pages with information that they need to know in order to make a smart decision about what steps to take next.
Bad Website Design and Bounce Rate
Bounce rate refers to the rate of people who leave your website before performing a desired action, such as traveling to another page on your website. Essentially, bounce rate is a representation of the users you had an opportunity to connect with, but lost.
Bad website design is associated with a high bounce rate. To be sure, consider the following:
- Display matters. Whether a prospective client is accessing your website on a computer, laptop, tablet, or phone, your website needs to be responsive and display correctly. Hubspot found that 93 percent of people have left a website because it didn’t display properly on their device.
- Delays can be ruinous. Visitors to your website have an expectation for fast load times – delays can result in users leaving your site before ever interacting with it. Like improper display, over 90 percent of people have left a website because it didn’t load quickly enough.
- User experience is king. In the marketing world, the phrase “content is king” is one that most marketers stand by. While we agree that good content is a critical element of an effective digital marketing campaign, the first thing that you need to be thinking about is user experience (UX). If a user lands on your site only to be bombarded with ads, overwhelming graphics and displays, chat and email subscribe buttons, and general poor design, your bounce rate will increase. 90 percent of people have left a website because it was badly designed.
Hire a Professional Legal Marketing Company for Your Website Design Services
In order to attract more users to your website and maximize your impact on those users, partnering with a professional website design company is key. Our legal marketing team understands the important features that your website needs to have in order to be effective, including responsive design, content that incorporates search engine optimization, ease of navigation, client testimonials, distinct practice area pages, attorney pages, a blog, visually appealing content and layout, plenty of white space, strong calls to action, and more.
If your website is outdated, unresponsive, slow to load, or otherwise poorly designed, you could effectively be sending potential clients straight to your competitors. Don’t make the mistake of thinking that website design doesn’t matter, or that taking a do-it-yourself approach to website design will be sufficient.
Call Our Legal Marketing Team Today for Website Design Services You Can Trust
As a lawyer, your primary responsibility is to your clients – the design of your website isn’t something that you should be trying to tackle on your own. Partnering with an experienced, professional legal marketing team to manage the design of your new website offers peace of mind and convenience.
To learn more about Sundown Legal Marketing and our web design services, please reach out to us by phone at (800) 649-1764 or online today. We provide custom web design services based on your firm’s needs.