Social Media Management
It seems like just about everyone spends time on social media these days. So, it makes sense that this would be an effective strategy to market your law firm.
While attorneys are trained to be excellent communicators, translating those strategies to Tweets, updates, and posts that engage a specific audience and drive targeted traffic can be challenging. But social media marketing can be an excellent way to promote your business and improve your overall results.
Benefits of Social Media Marketing for Law Firms
In this digital age, there’s no doubt that any business can benefit from social media marketing. Your potential clients are spending some serious time on these platforms. Roughly 3.8 billion people currently use social media sites, with an average daily use of about 2 hours and 24 minutes. Here are some of the primary benefits of social media marketing for law firms.
Social Media Gets You New Clients
People use social media for just about everything, whether it’s to find the best local restaurant or a reputable personal injury attorney. About 54% of consumers use social media sites to perform research before making a purchase decision. And, according to the ABA’s 2018 Tech Survey, 42% of small law firms have gained new clients through social media channels. Before a potential client calls or emails your office, they’re probably checking out your social media profiles.
Social Media Gives Your Law Firm Exposure
Social media gives your law firm another way to build its brand name and gain online exposure. When you share blog posts you’ve written or other social content, it builds your online credibility as an authority in your field. Potential clients will take notice and click through to your website when they have a need for your services.
Social Media is a Platform to Engage with the Community
Social media platforms give attorneys and law firms an additional tool to stay engaged with the community. First, you can remain engaged with the legal community to keep up-to-date on trending issues and topics, establishing yourself as a thought leader. You can also engage with your local business community through various groups. These efforts can help you be of service to others and secure valuable referral business.
Choosing the Right Social Networks
With more and more social media channels to choose from, it’s worth understanding what’s available so that you know how to best allocate your marketing resources. Depending on factors like your target audience, practice area, and the type of content you’ll post, some networks may be better suited to your strategy than others.
Here are some of the most common channels our firm targets for social media marketing:
Facebook is the world’s most popular social media platform, with over 1.9 billion daily active users. It’s a popular channel for legal professionals, with a majority of law firms using it for marketing. Facebook’s algorithm favors posts from friends and family, so your efforts on this platform require a specific strategy.
While Twitter isn’t as common for law firms as some other platforms, it has a large user base that is incredibly active. Lawyers that are active on Twitter can build a strong brand reputation and make useful connections with other professionals.
LinkedIn remains one of the most popular social media platforms among U.S. lawyers because it is a website designed for businesses and professionals. The platform is designed to help lawyers and law firms build connections with others in the industry, which can be beneficial for getting referrals and endorsements.
YouTube has become a more common choice for law firms and lawyers as a way to promote video marketing content. Video makes it easy to showcase your lawyer’s knowledge and your firm’s personality for viewers, giving you credibility and making viewers feel more comfortable reaching out with that first contact.
Instagram is an image and video-focused social medial platform that is owned by Facebook. It might not seem like the right approach for lawyers, but it works well in some practice areas. For example, personal injury attorneys and family lawyers can use Instagram to humanize the people who work at the law firm, making it a more attractive choice for potential clients.
Sundown Marketing Group’s Social Media Management Services
Many law firms and businesses know they can benefit from social media but struggle with various challenges when it comes to these platforms. Sundown Marketing Group takes a customized approach to developing your social media marketing strategy that removes the guesswork and helps you get the results you need.
Our social media marketing services include:
- Analysis and Consultation— We start by conducting a social media assessment that is designed to identify the most effective methods to attract and engage your target audience through various online platforms.
- Profile Creation and Optimization— Profiles on various social media websites can appear in organic search results, which is why we recommend they be optimized. We create professional Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, and Google My Business profiles that allow your business to connect with its target audience and receive organic search traffic.
- Social Media Posting— Our team creates and manages social media campaigns that build awareness, increase credibility, and improve your law firm’s online reputation. We create the images and posts and share them on your social media profiles, ensuring your firm stays top-of-mind for your target audience. We also leverage our video marketing expertise for our client’s social media strategies.
- Community Engagement— A significant aspect of social media marketing is engaging with the community. Some potential clients might have questions, or past clients might leave feedback. We respond timely and appropriately to these posts so that your audience knows your business is “listening.”
- Social Media Advertising— To boost your law firm’s awareness among potential clients, our specialists can create laser-targeted social media ads. These attention-grabbing ads can increase the traffic to your firm’s website.
- Monitoring and Reporting— We make sure that the proper tracking codes are installed so that we have the most accurate insights and data possible. We regularly monitor the performance of your social media campaigns and keep you updated with the results.
If you’d like to learn more about how Sundown Marketing Group can help your law firm increase its online exposure through social media marketing, contact us today at (800) 649-1764 or reach out to us online to schedule a free consultation.