The benefit of working with law firms for over 20 years is you see a lot. Much like the proverbial “fly on the wall” you see firsthand things that work and things that do not. That is why specializing in law firm marketing works for us. We don’t have to “experiment” with our customers to see what works and what doesn’t. We have already seen it.
Today, I want to talk to you about a mistake that most firms make each and every year.
As the draws of summer BBQ’s and ocean sprays start creeping in, the thoughts of taking a break from everything becomes overwhelming. This is where law firms make one of their biggest marketing mistakes. A lot of attorneys shelve their internet marketing in summer months because everyone is going on vacation.
I understand why. It always seems harder to get partners together in the summer. Deciding on anything related to the business of the firm seems to be harder. The problems this creates with your website and marketing program is, you leave an “exposure” gap that other firms can take advantage of. This also means you don’t take advantage of the opportunities that other firms give you.
Traditionally, attorney searches tend to level off a little bit in the summer months as people (including attorneys) go on vacations. This means successful firms know they must work even harder to keep the same level of client intakes. But this also creates two distinct opportunities:
- As internet traffic falls back, most firms will not pay as close attention to their programs. They just accept the seasonal impact and wait for it to bounce back. Opportunity is created for the smart firm that gets aggressive and looks to replace those “vacationing” firms in Google’s search hierarchy.
- The slow down also makes it a perfect time to get all the “behind-the-scenes” work taken care of, so you are better positioned for the uptick in fall and winter traffic.
- If you have been thinking of a website makeover, now’s the time.
- If you would benefit from better rankings, it’s a perfect time to examine your SEO program and get it set on the right path.
- No social media? Don’t let the summer pass by without making it a priority.
- No videos on your website? BIG Mistake! Few things are better for website conversions. Get them done now, while you have a nice summer tan.
Great Google rankings and great websites don’t happen overnight. It all takes time, and you can never stop working on it. Keep in mind, a good marketer is always looking over his or her shoulder. Law firm marketing is one of the most competitive on the planet and there is always someone trying to knock you off your pedestal.
My name is David Moyer with Sundown Legal Marketing and I have been helping law firms bring in more cases through digital marketing, for over 20 years.
If you think your website could use a facelift or you want better rankings give me a call. We provide law firms with award winning services in the following categories:
- Website development
- Social Media management
- Blog / content writing
- Google My Business optimization
- Search Engine Optimization
- Pay Per Click Programs
- Local Service Ads – programs
- Website hosting and maintenance programs
- Directory Management
- Website Video production and editing
Thank you and have a great day.